Create Amazon RDS Database Instance ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a managed offering from Amazon Web Services (AWS) that makes creating and operating relational databases straightforward and simple.
Creating, configuring, securing, and backing up an Amazon RDS database instance is a common set of tasks that people aiming to get AWS certified should be able to accomplish.
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your practical ability to build out a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You are presented with a task and a set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge. This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Candidates for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification
- Cloud Engineers
- Database Fundamentals for AWS
- How to Use KMS Key Encryption to Protect Your Data
- Security Fundamentals for AWS
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.