Data Science with Python - Advanced ConceptsPush your skills to the next level in a live environment
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
In this Hands-on lab, you will be challenged on your knowledge on Python for Data Science, in particular on three important aspects: Programming, Data Management and Visualization. Here, we will mainly focus on three Python linbraries: Pandas and Matplotlib. Those are indeed the fundamentals library to perform data analysis, management and visualization using Python.
Before starting this lab, you are strongly encouraged to take the following courses:
- Data Wrangling with Pandas.
- Data Visualisation with Python using Matplotlib.
- Interactive Data Visualization with Python using Bokeh.
- Python Programming.
Your data manipulation and visualization skills will be challenged, and by the end of this lab, you should have a deep understanding of how Python is used in Data Science.
What will be assessed
- Manipulate data using Pandas
- Build a structured application using Python
- Create an enriched plot using Matplotlib
- Map a Python Dictionary into a Pandas DataFrame's column
- Join two (or more) DataFrames
- Multiple aggregation using Pandas
- Senior Data Scientists
- Python Backend Developers
Andrea is a Data Scientist at Cloud Academy. He is passionate about statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms, especially for solving business tasks.
He holds a PhD in Statistics, and he has published in several peer-reviewed academic journals. He is also the author of the book Applied Machine Learning with Python.