Introduction to Python Challenge
Python is one of the most popular programming languages around. Your effort invested in learning Python can take your career to many places. This lab challenge will help you confirm your knowledge in topics covered in the Introduction to Python learning path.
In this lab challenge, you will be provided with a web browser-based integrated development environment (IDE) with several incomplete code files pre-loaded. Each code file describes what you must do to complete it before time runs out. This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
April 14th, 2020 - Updated to use a fully embedded IDE for a superior user experience
March 5th, 2020 - Updated lab infrastructure to allow direct access to the development environment without navigating cloud vendor consoles and reduce startup time by ~50%.
- Introductory knowledge of Python 3
- Completion of the Introduction to Python learning path is recommended before attempting this lab challenge
- Python developers, especially those that are just beginning to learn Python
- Your ability to write Python code within a time-limited environment
- Particular aspects of Python that may be assessed include basic data types, slicing, dates, times, and the operating system interface
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.