- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure DevOps is a suite of services that allow for collaboration on software development, following DevOps principles. The main services Azure DevOps includes are:
- Azure Repos for hosting Git repositories for source control of your code
- Azure Boards for planning and tracking your work using proven agile productivity tools
- Azure Pipelines for continuous integration and delivery of your software
- Azure Test Plans for testing your software
- Azure Artifacts for publishing software packages
In this lab playground, you'll have the opportunity to play around with a preconfigured Azure DevOps environment with access to all of the above services, alongside a development environment (IDE).
This playground is a safe and secure sandbox environment for you to explore your own ideas using these services, follow along with Cloud Academy courses, or answer your own questions all without the need to install any software on your local machine. The extended duration of this playground provides you with ample time to play to your heart's content. The goal is to be able to experiment and learn with little start time or overhead.
This lab playground also includes a couple of suggested activities to get you started with exploring Azure DevOps. The suggested activities are aimed at:
- Exploring the Azure DevOps environment to understand and observe its various features.
- Creating new Projects to house code in Azure Repos and manage workload using Azure Boards.
- Cloning a repo to an IDE to work on code in a Feature Branching Git workflow.
- Exploring and using Azure Pipelines to understand and observe its various features for enabling continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD).
- Exploring and using Azure Boards to understand and observe its various Agile features and portfolio management processes.
This lab is intended for:
- Candidates studying for the AZ-400, Azure DevOps Engineer Expert Exam
- DevOps Engineers
- DevOps Architects
- Scrum Masters
- Project Managers
To get the most from this lab, you should be familiar with the Azure DevOps suite of services. To get ready for it, you can complete the following labs:
Adil is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, former Azure Engineer, and loves all things Azure. He is a certified Azure Administrator and Azure DevOps Expert and has worked for some of the biggest MSPs in the world (Cognizant, New Signature, CoreAzure). He loves to combine his two passions: cloud and teaching.
Adil specializes in Azure Infrastructure services and has a curiosity for new, in-preview services from Azure, getting his hands familiar with the content before most of the world does. Outside of work, Adil helps run a growing community of IT professionals looking to break into the cloud and regularly runs workshops and webinars.