Ready for the real environment experience?
C is one of the most widely-used languages for systems software and workstation application programming, largely due to its power and flexibility. This lab will provide you a highly effective, structured approach to learning ASCI Standard C revision C90 for experienced programmers who have had some exposure to similar languages such as Java or C#.
Programming skills will be enhanced as delegates will be able to use the powerful features of C to best effect building on the skill gathered from their previous experience in similar high-level languages. This lab for experienced programmers is outstanding because of its emphasis on writing style, pitfalls to avoid and techniques to use that make the code clear, concise, and maintainable. It is designed to accelerate through the foundations of C programming as appropriate to the skill level.
In addition to the provided reference material, there are lab exercises that cover each of the major areas of C. Exercises are completed in Windows only using Visual Studio.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Use all the major elements of the C language
- Write programs using the strengths of the C language, for example, aggregate types, pointers, and dynamic data structures
- Write and use the data structuring features of the language, which can result in better program design and maintenance
- Work with the C run-time library: a major source of programmer productivity and portability
- Dealing with errors, both by spotting and remedying common programming errors and using C's error-handling facilities
- Write in a good C programming style without compromising efficiency and integrity
This lab is intended for:
- Experienced programmers wanting to learn the C programming language
- Developers comfortable developing on Windows using Visual Studio (Developers preferring to use Linux should complete the Programming in C lab instead)
You should possess:
- Professional programming skills
- Good working knowledge of a block-structured language, such as Basic/Visual Basic, Pascal/Modula2, Fortran, Algol or PL/1
- Familiarity with a programming environment
June 24th, 2020 - Enabled direct browser RDP connection for a streamlined experience
About the Author
QA is the UK's biggest training provider of virtual and online classes in technology, project management and leadership.