- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab is based around the following scenario. You are creating a small command line utility for yourself using the Go programming language. After creating it you decide you would like to contribute it to the open source community, with Docker being an option. You will create a Docker image for your newly programmed command line utility. This lab will provide you with a basic understanding of containerizing simple programs written in Go.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create a command line utility using the Go programming language
- Write a
Dockefilewith instructions on how to build the Docker image
- Build the Docker image
This lab is intended for:
- Developers, especially those starting out with Go
- Anyone beginning to leverage containers
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of the Go programming language syntax
- Understanding of the Linux command line
- Conceptual understanding of Docker
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.