Managing Microsoft 365 Groups Using Microsoft Graph PowerShell
Microsoft has currently disabled new registrations for the MS 365 Dev program. For the time being, please treat the lab as read-only or bring your own MS 365 account. Our team is currently working on an update, thank you for your understanding.
Microsoft Graph PowerShell is a great tool to interact with your Microsoft 365 environment via a command-line interface. As a system administrator, you can use Microsoft 365 groups to manage a collection of users, grouped by a common property. Microsoft Graph PowerShell gives you the ability to easily and quickly manage groups in Microsoft 365:
- Creating and removing groups
- Amending group memberships
In this lab, you will explore the Microsoft Graph PowerShell module by managing groups in your Microsoft 365 environment.
Note: Due to this lab requiring the use of a Microsoft 365 organization with an Admin Center, if you don't already have access to one you will need to provide a mobile phone number to pass the account creation process.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Install Microsoft Graph PowerShell
- Connect to your Microsoft 365 environment using Microsoft Graph PowerShell
- Create a Microsoft 365 group using Microsoft Graph PowerShell
- Add and remove users from a Microsoft 365 group
- Microsoft 365 System Administrators interested in scripting to automate and speed up the management of users in Microsoft 365
- IT Support Analysts
Familiarity with the following is recommended:
- Microsoft 365 Admin Center
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
- Managing Shared Resource Access Using Microsoft 365 Groups in Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Managing Microsoft 365 Users Using Microsoft Graph PowerShell
October 24th, 2022 - Resolved Microsoft Graph login issue
Adil is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, former Azure Engineer, and loves all things Azure. He is a certified Azure Administrator and Azure DevOps Expert and has worked for some of the biggest MSPs in the world (Cognizant, New Signature, CoreAzure). He loves to combine his two passions: cloud and teaching.
Adil specializes in Azure Infrastructure services and has a curiosity for new, in-preview services from Azure, getting his hands familiar with the content before most of the world does. Outside of work, Adil helps run a growing community of IT professionals looking to break into the cloud and regularly runs workshops and webinars.