The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Solving Infrastructure Challenges with Terraform
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform by HashiCorp can manage your infrastructure across multiple cloud providers and on-prem. To reuse and share components across projects and to better organize large projects, you can create modules. In this Lab, you will use modules shared on the public Terraform Registry as well as a module that you create to provision a web server virtual machine in Azure. The Lab will also introduce you to Azure's browser-based Cloud Shell, which you will use to complete the Lab.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Create reusable Terraform modules
- Use Terraform modules shared on the Terraform Registry
- Work with Terraform Data Sources
- Use Terraform Provisioners to bootstrap VMs
- Learn how to use Azure Cloud Shell
You should be familiar with:
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- Terraform basics
The following Labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisites to this Lab:
- Create AWS Resources with Terraform
- Manage AWS Resources with Terraform
- Deploy a Highly Available Website with Terraform on AWS
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.