The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform allows you to safely manage your infrastructure by modifying configuration files. Terraform will show you an execution plan that you must approve before any infrastructure changes are applied. This Lab highlights several capabilities of Terraform that make managing infrastructure easy. You will learn how to import existing resources, understand configuration file interpolation syntax to reference resource attributes, and use variables to generalize configuration while you manage AWS resources with Terraform.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Import existing resources into Terraform
- Use interpolation syntax to reference resource attributes in configurations
- Use variables to parameterize Terraform configurations
- Understand Terraform's concept of state
You should be familiar with:
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- Amazon VPC and EC2 basics
- Basic Terraform concepts such as resources, and state. It is highly recommended to complete the Create AWS Resources with Terraform Lab before attempting this Lab.
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.