Python: Introduction to Patching
Ready for the real environment experience?
The unittest.mock module is Python's built-in mocking and patching module. Used to replace objects with fake implementations during testing.
This lab introduces the unittest.mock.patch callable through hands-on learning.
Explore the fundamental building blocks of the unittest.mock module.
At the end of this lab you'll be familiar with:
- The unittest.mock.patch callable
- Using patch as a context manager
- Using patch as a callable decorator
- Python Developers
- Familiarity with the Python runtime
- Familiarity with the Python language syntax
- Familiarity with callables
- Familiarity with classes
- Familiarity with the unittest module
- Familiarity with the unittest.mock module
Ben Lambert is a software engineer and was previously the lead author for DevOps and Microsoft Azure training content at Cloud Academy. His courses and learning paths covered Cloud Ecosystem technologies such as DC/OS, configuration management tools, and containers. As a software engineer, Ben’s experience includes building highly available web and mobile apps. When he’s not building software, he’s hiking, camping, or creating video games.