The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Big data and analytics in Azure can help you gain insights into your data and deliver better experiences. This Lab demonstrates using two of Azure's big data services:
- Azure Data Lake Store for storing massive amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, and
- Azure Data Lake Analytics for massively parallel analysis of data stored in Data Lake Store.
You will use Data Lake Analytics' U-SQL big data query language to transform website search logs stored in a Data Lake Store and discover which searches take longer than a threshold to complete.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Store data in Azure Data Lake Stores
- Submit jobs to Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Understand the trade-off between cost and performance in Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Explain basic U-SQL queries
You should be familiar with:
- Basic SQL knowledge is helpful but not strictly required
- Completion of the Introduction to Azure Data Lake Store and Analytics course is recommended
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.