- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform is an infrastructure automation tool that allows companies to manage infrastructure through code. This provides many benefits such as greater recovery, predictability, and speed. Infrastructure as code is quickly becoming a standard for managing cloud resources and is widely practiced among the top high performing companies.
In this lab, you'll learn how to use Terraform to provision a load balanced static HTML5 3D Globe web application. The web app will be deployed to 2 backend VMs which will themselves be configured to sit in a backend pool behind the load balancer. The load balancer will be configured with a public IP address, enabling external HTTP traffic to flow through it.
Upon completion of this intermediate level lab, you'll be able to:
- Use Terraform to init, plan, and apply Azure infrastructure
- Use Terraform to create a load balanced web app using Linux based infrastructure
- Configure an Azure Load Balancer to send traffic to Nginx based web servers
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to provision Azure infrastructure
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Basic understanding of Azure
- Basic understanding of Terraform
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).