The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is a deployment and management service for Azure that allows you to manage resources using declarative JSON templates rather than scripts. With Azure Resource Manager, you have the ability to customize resource deployment using parameters, access controls, tags and more to tailor a template toward any scenario you need to. Additionally, you have the ability to use one of dozens of built-in functions to greatly increase the customization and automation of your deployments.
In this lab, you will first create a Windows virtual machine using an Azure Resource Manager template. Then, you will improve the template using several additional ARM features.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand several powerful features of Azure Resource Manager
- Deploy Azure Resource Manager templates using the Azure CLI and Azure Cloud Shell
- Customize Resource Manager templates using parameters, variables and functions
This lab is intended for:
- Azure administrators
- Students interested in the customization and automation of resources in Azure
- Those looking to test for one of several Azure certifications, including AZ-104 and AZ-303
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of JSON is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- The lab, Deploy and Modify Azure Resource Manager Templates is helpful but not required
April 12th, 2021 - Moved validation checks to the most relevant lab step for more immediate validation feedback
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.