Working with Azure App Service using Azure CLI
Azure CLI is the command-line interface provided by the Azure team with a set of commands used to create and manage Azure resources. While working with Azure CLI, you will get hands-on experience with different types of actions to manage the resources.
Azure App Service is a fully-managed platform as a service (PaaS) for building, deploying, and scaling web, mobile, API, and even serverless apps.
In this lab, you will create, manage, and deploy web applications to Azure App Service programmatically using Azure CLI.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Understand and create App Service plans and App Services using Azure CLI
- Understand and create the App Service Web Apps deployment slots using Azure CLI
- Use Azure CLI commands to interact with Azure Web App resource
- Deploy Web App using Zip package
- Delete the Web App resources using Azure CLI
- Candidates for Azure Administrator Certification
- Cloud Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Azure Web App concepts
- General software development principles
The following and labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
- Inspecting Resources using Azure CLI
- Deploying a Windows Azure VM using Azure CLI
- Deploying And Monitoring Azure App Service Web Apps
October 5th, 2023 - Updated node version for web app creation
May 02nd, 2023 - Updated theia to enable autosave
May 11th, 2022 - Resolved issue regarding webapp deployment
Parveen is an Azure advocate with previous experience in the professional consulting services industries. He specializes in infrastructure and DevOps with a wide range of knowledge in security and access management. He is also an Azure Certified - DevOps Engineer Expert, Security Engineer, Developer Associate, Administrator Associate, CompTIA Certified - Network+, Security+, and AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Parveen enjoys writing about cloud technologies and sharing the knowledge with the community to help students upskill in the cloud.