Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab is designed for the practising software developer and allows delegates to gain a better understanding of the language, run-time library, and software engineering techniques available with the C language.
Advanced C increases delegate's knowledge and understanding of the language, including the recent ISO 9899:1999 (C99) standard changes, and helps delegates to gain experience in areas of C that previous work may not have covered. Delegates will also be better equipped to write and maintain large C programs, and will also gain a better understanding of the way the language works and is implemented.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Read and write complex data declarations and type definitions
- Use advanced pointer techniques to construct and work with complex data structures
- Use advanced standard library functions, including process control, searching and sorting
- Handle memory allocation
- Exploit features of C99
This lab is intended for:
- C Programmers with a solid understanding of the language fundamentals
- Developers comfortable developing on Windows using Visual Studio or on Linux
You should possess:
- Between three and six months of concentrated C programming experience
- Experience with structured data types
- Experience of the declaration and use of pointers
- The lab will also benefit self-taught C programmers wishing to gain a formal education in the language
Either of the following labs is recommended to satisfy the prerequisites:
- C for Experienced Programmers (recommended for Windows/Visual Studio developers)
- Programming in C (recommended for Linux environment development)
June 24th, 2020 - Enabled direct browser RDP connection for a streamlined experience
QA: A world-leading tech and digital skills organisation
We help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programmes and Apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.