- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon EKS IPv6 cluster networking provides you with the ability to host and run your own IPv6 enabled applications.
In this Lab scenario, you'll be provided with an IPv6 enabled EKS cluster. You'll then have the opportunity to examine and review the IPv6 cluster networking configuration.
Finally, you'll deploy a containerized WebGL based web app that renders a 3D globe and confirm that it can be communicated with using both IPv6 and IPv4 network addressing.
Note: Startup time for this lab is approx 15-20 minutes - required to create the EKS cluster.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Deploy and run a cluster web app using IPv6 network addressing
- Be able to communicate with the cluster hosted web app using IPv6 network addressing
- Review and maintain IPv6 networking with EKS
This lab is intended for:
- Kubernetes practitioners
- DevOps Engineers
You should be familiar with:
- Basic Linux command line administration
- Basic Kubernetes and Container-based concepts
Consider taking the following courseware in preparation for this lab:
This Lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- 1 x EKS cluster - Cluster-1 - provides a fully functional Kubernetes cluster
- 1 x NodeGroup
- 1 x EC2 Worker Node
- 1 x NodeGroup
- 2 x EC2 instances
- eks.launch.instance - used to launch the EKS cluster (not accessible)
- cloudacademylabs - used to provide SSH access to administer the EKS cluster
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).