- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Simple Storage Service, commonly referred to as Amazon S3, is an object storage service from Amazon Web Services. It is fast, scalable, and highly resilient. Amazon S3 is used ubiquitously in non-trivial solutions built on AWS that require data storage.
There are many important features of Amazon S3 that engineers should be familiar with. These include:
- Policies and permissions to restrict access to data
- Lifecycle and replication rules which enable automated moving, archiving, and deletion of data
- Different storage classes that allow costs to be managed in line with data access patterns
The extended duration of this hands-on playground lab means you will have the time and freedom to really get to know the Amazon S3 service.
- Candidates for AWS Certifications
- Cloud Engineers
Familiarity with Amazon S3 is beneficial but not required.
The following course introduces Amazon S3:
The following learning path tests your knowledge:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.