The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS Lambda is a serverless compute service that allows you to run application code without having to manage or provision your own servers. By using AWS Lambda you are avoiding an entire layer of technical complexity. AWS Lambda allows you to spend more time focussing on your application code and its business logic. At the same time you are optimizing costs as you only pay for the compute power when your Lambda function is in use.
There are many important AWS Lambda features engineers should be familiar with, these include:
- How to create, modify, configure, and export an AWS Lambda function
- How to publish functions and manage versions of functions
- How to monitor and observe functions
The extended duration of this hands-on playground lab means you will have the time and freedom to really get to know the AWS Lambda service.
- Candidates for AWS Certification
- Cloud Engineers
Familiarity with AWS Lambda is beneficial.
The following course and labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
- Understanding AWS Lambda to Run & Scale Your Code
- Introduction to AWS Lambda
- Process Amazon S3 Events with AWS Lambda
- Creating Scheduled Tasks With AWS Lambda
You can use the following quiz to test your knowledge of AWS Lambda:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds the AWS Certified Developer - Associate and AWS Certified Sysops Administrator - Associate certifications.