Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon DynamoDB is a high-performance, serverless, NoSQL data store from Amazon Web Services. It's well known for its low operational overhead and scalability. Amazon DynamoDB supports several backup strategies to help you meet business and regulatory requirements.
Learning how to choose a backup strategy for Amazon DynamoDB will make you more proficient at creating reliable resilient systems in the public AWS cloud.
In this hands-on lab, you will learn about the options available, and you will create an on-demand snapshot backup of an Amazon DynamoDB table.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Understand the backup options for Amazon DynamoDB
- Create an on-demand backup of an Amazon DynamoDB table
- Restore an on-demand backup to a new Amazon DynamoDB table
- Update an AWS Systems Manager parameter
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon DynamoDB
- AWS Systems Manager
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.