The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Introduction to DC/OS
Ready for the real environment experience?
It is relatively simple to create powerful data pipelines in DC/OS. In this Lab, you will learn how to perform streaming data analytics by building a data pipeline in DC/OS that combines multiple services and a Twitter-like application. You will review many of the fundamental concepts in using DC/OS along the way, including installing packages, using Marathon-LB to load balance traffic, and working with virtual IPs.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Install DC/OS packages with custom options using the DC/OS CLI
- Deploy a data pipeline using Kafka, Cassandra, and a social networking app
- Use the Zeppelin package and DC/OS Spark to perform basic streaming analytics on the data pipeline
You should be familiar with:
- Basic and intermediate DC/OS concepts including Virtual IPs and Marathon-LB
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- AWS services to optionally understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.