- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database that is used for storing data in document and key-value pair formats. It is highly performant and scalable. Amazon DynamoDB is also serverless which means that you don't have to worry about the complexity of creating and managing infrastructure.
Learning how to control access to Amazon DynamoDB tables using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) will help you to create more secure solutions using the AWS cloud.
In this lab, you will create an AWS IAM policy, and you will use this policy to restrict access to a Amazon DynamoDB table in various ways.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Create a new AWS IAM policy
- Restrict access to Amazon DynamoDB items with specific partition keys
- Restrict access to specific attributes of Amazon DynamoDB items
- Candidates for AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Amazon DynamoDB
The following labs and courses can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
- Understanding AWS Database Authentication & Access Controls
- Introduction to DynamoDB
- Database Fundamentals for AWS - Part 1 of 2
April 11th, 2022 - Addressed an issue with the tester web application
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.