The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
You have a small collection of retro video games and you want to upgrade the previously built microservice API to manage them. In this lab, you will build upon what you worked on for Part 1, by adding RESTful update and delete functionality for a
game entity. Lastly, you will create a bonus endpoint, that will allow the user to filter the results by game console.
This lab builds off of a previous one. If you have not already completed part one of this lab series, please do that first before continuing with this lab.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Implement web server code and SQL code to update entities in a database
- Implement web server code and SQL code to delete entities from a database
- Implement web server code and SQL code to filter entities from a database
This lab is intended for:
- Developers, especially those working with Go
- Anyone leveraging containers
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of the Go programming language
- Familiarity with basic SQL commands
- Understanding of the Linux command line
- Experience with JSON and CRUD APIs is recommended but not required
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.