- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
REST stands for Representational State Transfer, an architectural style that provides standards for communication within a distributed system. An Amazon API Gateway REST API is a collection of resources and methods that are integrated with existing HTTP endpoints or AWS services such as AWS Lambda functions.
In this lab, you will create a REST API in Amazon API Gateway and configure it to handle requests to return mock data. You will be introduced to API Gateway terminology which will help you build your own distributed systems.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create a REST API in Amazon API Gateway
- Define an Amazon API Gateway model
- Configure an Amazon API Gateway method
- Deploy an Amazon API Gateway API
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Developer Associate exam
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Experience with REST APIs
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.