Ready for the real environment experience?
VPC Endpoints are virtual network devices that scale horizontally and are highly available. They can securely enable communication from Amazon EC2 instances to AWS services, and services provided by other vendors. You can create your own VPC endpoint service to expose a service in one VPC to another VPC. Using them in this way can have cost and security benefits.
Learning how to use VPC Endpoint services will increase the range of options available to you when you need to create advanced network infrastructure in the public AWS cloud.
In this lab, you will create a VPC endpoint service and related resources. You will then test that they work.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Amazon VPC
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance and a network load balancer
- Create a VPC endpoint and VPC endpoint service
- Configure your VPC to access an application through a VPC endpoint
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.