The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Variables are a critical component of developing Terraform code. They allow configurations to become dynamic and reusable by enabling them to take input values during deployment. By incorporating variables into your Terraform code, the same code used to deploy an EC2 into an environment can be used to deploy into another. This strategy can improve the speed and efficiency of teams. For example, a database server takes a DB expert to install the server and configure the database to the most optimal settings. With Terraform, a database server build can be defined in code and use variables to configure the server's unique values for each environment. Other team members can then use the code to deploy the same configuration without the database expertise.
In this lab, you will learn how to create reusable Terraform configurations using variables.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how to create Terraform variables
- Know the benefits of using variables
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals studying to take the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to manage Cloud Service Providers
You should be familiar with:
- Basic concepts of Cloud Service Providers
- Fundamental understanding of DevOps
Luke currently serves as a Cloud Labs Developer at Cloud Academy. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.