- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Lightsail is an easy-to-use cloud platform that offers everything you need to build an application or website with a cost-effective monthly plan. Lightsail containers, announced at re:Invent 2020, is focused on letting you easily build container-based applications and websites. To deploy containers in Lightsail you create a container service specifying only a couple parameters, its power and scale. AWS manages the compute, network, and traffic management for you. You can deploy up to ten containers in a container service and one can be chosen as a public endpoint. Lightsail provides a load-balanced, secure HTTPS endpoint to access the public endpoint.
This lab allows you to try out Lightsail containers by deploying a web server container.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Explain the Lightsail container service capacity model
- Understand the support container image sources for Lightsail containers
- Create Lightsail container deployments
- Monitor Lightsail container deployments
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone working with Docker containers
- Anyone interested in an easy to use service for deploying containers
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of Docker containers
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.