The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is a managed cloud service for deploying, managing, and scaling your containerized applications using Kubernetes and Google Cloud infrastructure. In this Lab you will learn different ways to deploy applications and manage a GKE cluster. You will first deploy a single-container game application followed by a multi-container application (WordPress) provided by the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace. Along the way, you will learn about the architecture of GKE clusters, how to connect to GKE clusters using the popular Kubernetes command line tool
kubectl, and understand some of the ways that GKE integrates with other Google Cloud services.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of Google Kubernetes Engine clusters and how GKE integrates with other Google Cloud services
- Monitor Google Kubernetes Engine cluster components from the Cloud Console
- Deploy containerized applications from the Console and Marketplace
- Manage Kubernetes resources from the Cloud Console and Google Cloud Shell with
You should be familiar with:
- Working at the command line in Linux
- Kubernetes basics including the main components of a Kubernetes cluster
The following Labs are recommended for satisfying the prerequisites:
June 6th, 2019 - Updated to use Kubernetes version 1.13
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.