The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
When it comes to running and operating production-grade EKS managed Kubernetes clusters, monitoring and alerting are considered essential components of an enterprise Kubernetes observability stack.
In this hands-on lab, you'll learn how to set up and use the following essential monitoring applications:
You'll learn how to integrate these monitoring applications together into an effective and cohesive monitoring solution.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Deploy and instrument a sample Python Flask web-based API into Kubernetes, instrumented to provide metrics which will be collected by Prometheus and displayed within Grafana
- Install and configure Prometheus into Kubernetes using Helm
- Setup Prometheus for service discovery
- Install and configure Grafana into Kubernetes using Helm
- Import pre-built Grafana dashboards for real-time visualisations
This lab is intended for:
- Kubernetes practitioners
- DevOps Engineers
You should be familiar with:
- Basic Linux command line administration
- Basic Kubernetes and Container-based concepts
This Lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- 1 x EKS cluster - Cluster-1 - provides a fully functional Kubernetes cluster
- 1 x NodeGroup
- 2 x EC2 Worker Nodes
- 1 x NodeGroup
- 2 x EC2 instances
- eks.launch.instance - used to launch the EKS cluster
- cloudacademylabs - used to provide an SSH based terminal
January 9th, 2023 - Resolved a Prometheus deployment error and updated the lab instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).