- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform uses a system called Terraform State to keep track of resources managed and deployed through Terraform. This is a critical concept to understand as a Terraform infrastructure developer because Terraform state will always need to be kept in mind when architecting solutions. The state file acts as a database for mapping resources in AWS to the Terraform configuration file. It allows Terraform to have a declarative approach when it comes to infrastructure and provides performance boosts with large scale infrastructure automation.
In this lab, you will learn how Terraform keeps track of the resources that it manages through Terraform state.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how Terraform state works
- Learn the security risks of the state file
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals studying to take the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to manage Cloud Service Providers
You should be familiar with:
- Cloud Services
The following course can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
March 28th, 2022 - Updated instructions
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.