Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose is a streaming Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) service from AWS. It's fully-managed, and once configured it scales to match your data throughput with no on-going administration.
Combining Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose with Amazon CloudWatch Logs and Amazon S3 allows you to build a solution that is capable of centralizing logs across many AWS accounts.
This can have the following benefits for your organization:
- Make long term data management easier
- Help to secure your data
- Help to meet regulatory or compliance requirements
In this lab, you will create a Kinesis Data Firehose Delivery Stream and use it to centralize logs from Amazon CloudWatch.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Create a Firehose Delivery Stream
- Subscribe a CloudWatch log group to your delivery stream
- Modify an Amazon S3 bucket to it more secure
- Candidates for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Kinesis Data Firehose
- Amazon CloudWatch Logs
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.