The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Security - Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS Trusted Advisor provides a suite of features for you to help proactively monitor your AWS resources and make customized recommendations. The Trusted Advisor service advises you on best practices in four categories: cost optimization, performance, security, and fault tolerance. In this Lab, you will use some of the security and performance checks to implement best practices in AWS.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Audit your AWS environment using AWS Trusted Advisor
- Correct security group, IAM, and EBS snapshot security issues
- Mitigate performance issues identified by AWS Trusted Advisor
You should be familiar with the following:
- EC2 basics including volumes and snapshots
- VPC basics including security groups and internet gateways
Before completing the lab instructions the environment will look as follows:
After completing the lab instructions the environment will look as follows:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.