Ready for the real environment experience?
Introduction to Amazon Simple Notification Service
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a fully managed, highly scalable service that facilitates message delivery using a publish/subscribe model. SNS supports several transports, such as HTTP/S, SMS and email, and can deliver push messages to multiple recipients at once. SNS is often used to push messages directly to other supported AWS services, such as Lambda or Simple Queue Service (SQS). SNS is integrated with AWS CloudTrail so that SNS actions are captured, logged and delivered to an S3 bucket.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Turn on CloudTrail so that SNS actions are captured
- Create a SNS topic
- Create a subscription to an SNS topic
- Send a single message and have it delivered to multiple recipients
- Send a JSON formatted message and confirm customized content is delivered based on the transport type
- Use Athena to query data from CloudTrail logs
You should have a conceptual understanding of:
- AWS Management Console
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Structured Query Language (SQL) basics
After completing the lab instructions the environment should look similar to:
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
About the Author
Greg has been a consistent high performer for pioneering technologies in the wireless web industries with an illustrious career that is a testament to his breadth of knowledge. Dabbling with MS Azure, at Cloud Academy, Greg really thrives on evangelizing the benefits of Amazon Web Services. A dedicated and passionate professional who learns new and emerging technologies quickly, Greg always ensures the highest quality and caliber of everything he produces.