The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Solutions Architect – Associate Certification Preparation for AWS - Feb 2018
Ready for the real environment experience?
Introduction to the High Availability and High Performance Amazon Aurora Database Engine
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible relational database engine available as an Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) option. Aurora offers up to five times better performance than MySQL with commercial-grade security, availability, and reliability. In this lab you will deploy, load, query, monitor, and failover a multiple Availability Zone (AZ) Aurora database.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Log in to the AWS Management Console
- Connect to an EC2 instance to communicate with Aurora
- Create a multi-AZ Aurora database deployment
- Load and query data in Aurora
- Failover an Aurora instance and recover with no data loss
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of local operating system and computer use
- Secure terminal connection software such as Terminal (macOS) or PuTTY (Windows)
Before completing the lab instructions the environment will look as follows:
After completing the lab instructions the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Eric is a Lab Researcher and Developer working to add to Cloud Academy's library of hands-on labs. He is an IT veteran who enjoys the ever-changing landscape of cloud computing. He also relishes live classical music performances, because sometimes engineering is better heard than seen.