- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon ElastiCache is a fully-managed, in-memory caching offering from Amazon Web Services. It's primarily used to improve application and database performance and can also be used for storing ephemeral data such as sessions and analytics.
Learning how to implement different caching strategies using Amazon ElastiCache will make you more effective at building high-performance solutions on AWS.
In this lab, you will create a simple data access layer that stores data in an Amazon S3 bucket. You will then extend the data layer to cache the Amazon S3 in Amazon ElastiCache in order to improve performance.
Please note: this lab creates an Amazon ElastiCache cluster which can take up to fifteen minutes to complete. Please make sure you have enough time available before starting the lab.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Store and retrieve data in Amazon S3
- Store and retrieve data in Amazon ElastiCache
- Implement lazy loading and write-through caching strategies
- Combine caching strategies to achieve better performance
- Candidates studying for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon ElastiCache
- The Python programming language
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.