- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
With AWS CloudFormation, developers can spend less time managing resources and more time developing their applications. The reusable nature of CloudFormation templates allows developers to configure resources that can be deployed to different AWS regions or accounts.
AWS CloudFormation helper scripts can be called to initialize services on Amazon EC2 instances that are created as part of a stack.
In this lab, you will inspect and deploy an AWS CloudFormation template that utilizes the cfn-init and cfn-signal helper scripts to initialize an Apache server on an Amazon EC2 instance.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Configure an Apache server on an Amazon EC2 instance using cfn-init
- Signal to AWS CloudFormation when the instance configuration process has been completed using cfn-signal
- Candidates for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam
- Cloud Architects
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS CloudFormation
- Amazon EC2
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.