- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Terraform is an infrastructure automation tool that allows companies to manage infrastructure by using code. The tool itself is written in Golang which makes it easily multi-platform compatible. Installing Terraform is not like installing usual applications. It involves downloading the binary and modifying the environment variables. Understanding how to install Terraform is crucial when designing an infrastructure as code strategy and is a foundational concept when building CI/CD pipelines to deliver infrastructure.
In this lab, you will install Terraform on a Windows and Linux server.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how Terraform is installed
- Install Terraform on Windows and Linux environments
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals studying to take the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Terraform to manage Cloud Service Providers
You should be familiar with:
- Basic concepts of Cloud Service Providers
- Fundamental understanding of DevOps
January 12th, 2020 - Updated to latest Windows AMI
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.