- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
An underutilized aspect of API Gateway is its ability to integrate directly with AWS services. It's common to see an API endpoint backed by an AWS Lambda function that performs the service API call, but with the API Gateway Service Proxy feature, developers are able to access services without this additional compute layer. This can reduce the overhead associated with function code development, as well as avoid limitations brought on by AWS Lambda cost, function concurrency, and cold starts.
In this lab, you will configure HTTP endpoints that interact directly with an Amazon DynamoDB table using an API Gateway Service Proxy.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Configure a REST API with a GET and POST method using Amazon API Gateway
- Integrate an API directly to an Amazon DynamoDB table
- Deploy an API to an API Gateway stage
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Developer Associate Certification
- Cloud Architects
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- REST APIs
- Amazon API Gateway
- Amazon DynamoDB
The following labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.