- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 3 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS Step Functions is a web service that enables you to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows.
Step Functions manage the operations and underlying infrastructure for you to ensure your application is available at any scale.
In this lab, you will see what AWS Step Functions are and what types of problems this service is best suited to solve. By the end of this lab, you will have created a solution that combines Lambda and Step Functions for a fictitious gaming application.
- Understand what AWS Step Functions is and how to use AWS Step Functions
- Understand the different components of AWS Step Functions and how to configure AWS Step Functions
- Understand how to implement Parallel Steps, when to use them and why
- Understand the situations best suited to using Conditional Steps
- Make a State Machine log to the CloudWatch service
- Create and test a State Machine
- Candidates for the AWS Developer Associate Exam
- Application developers interested in workflow orchestration for data processing, automating security tasks or even modernizing monolithic architectures
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda
- Knowledge of DynamoDB
June 23rd, 2021 - Improved lab formatting and screenshots for an improved learning experience. Updated content to reflect the latest AWS Console experience.
March 11th, 2021 - Updated AWS Lambda instructions to reflect latest user interface updates
January 22nd, 2021 - Updated AWS Lambda lab steps to reflect latest user interface updates
March 16th, 2020 - Updated to reflect the latest AWS Console experience and added code syntax highlighting for improved readability
January 31th, 2019 - Updated all sections of the lab to the standard format of CloudAcademy's labs
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Giacomo is a Computer Engineer with a passion for all things AWS and Cloud Technology. When he's not spending most of his weekends in the clouds hiking and climbing, he pushes on with his quest to unlock all the virtual cloud has to offer. Treating every day like a school day, Giacomo is curious about everything. Constantly traveling, discovering and experiencing new things from sports to photography; he revels in uncovering the unknown.