Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud gives you many tools to work with to monitor and observe your networks. VPC Traffic Mirroring enables you to send a copy of network traffic processed by one network interface to another network interface.
VPC Traffic Mirroring copies the full packets and allows for sophisticated networking monitoring configurations such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
In this hands-on lab, you will create a new VPC Traffic Mirroring session and observe the mirrored traffic.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Create VPC Traffic Mirroring Targets and Filters
- Start a new VPC Traffic Mirroring session
- Use command-line tools to observe mirrored traffic
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- The Bash shell
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.