- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS Systems Manager (SSM) Parameter Store is an AWS service that stores strings. It's used to store configuration data for applications and services. Configuration management is an important part of any system. Parameter Store is a reliable service that means you don't need to worry about managing servers or uptime.
Parameters can be organized hierarchically for easy access and management. They can also be easily referenced by other AWS services, and you can control user and resource access to parameters using IAM policies.
In this hands-on lab, you will see how to create a parameter and learn how to access your parameter in an AWS Lambda.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Create an AWS Systems Manager Parameter using the AWS Management Console
- Update an AWS Lambda function to use your parameter
- Execute the AWS Lambda function and observe its output
- Cloud Engineers
Experience of the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store
- AWS Lambda
The following course can be used to learn more about AWS Lambda:
March 11th, 2021 - Updated instructions to reflect the latest AWS Lambda user-interface changes
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.