- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics is a fully-managed service that enables you to perform analysis using SQL and other tools on streaming data in real-time. Kinesis Data Analytics scales automatically to match your usage, there's no infrastructure to manage and you only pay for what you use.
Use-cases for Kinesis Data Analytics include:
- Streaming extract, transform, and load (ETL) jobs
- Real-time log analysis
- Ad-tech and digital marketing analysis
Kinesis Data Analytics allows you to make use of existing and familiar SQL skills, it also integrates with other AWS services. You can deliver your results to any destination supported by Kinesis Data Streams or Kinesis Firehose, and use a Lambda function to deliver to external or un-managed destinations.
In this lab, you will learn how to use Kinesis Data Analytics to sessionize sample clickstream data and output it to DynamoDB using a Lambda.
This is a beginner-level lab, upon completion, you will be able to:
- Use Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics to analyze clickstream data
- Create an AWS Lambda function that adds records to an Amazon DynamoDB table
- Configure Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics to send results to your AWS Lambda function
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Data Analytics Speciality exam
- Data Engineers
- Cloud Engineers
Familiarity with Data Analytics, SQL, the Bash shell, and the Python programming language will be beneficial but is not required.
The following courses can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
- Analytics Fundamentals for AWS
- Introduction to SQL
- Linux Command Line Byte Session
- Python for Beginners
October 14th, 2022 - Updated instructions due to updates in the Kinesis Data Stream data retention timeframes
September 8th, 2022 - Updated the instructions and screenshots to the reflect UI
May 31st, 2022 - Updated screenshots & instructions to reflect UI
December 8th, 2021 - Updated lab step instructions to correct grammar error
December 6th, 2021 - Updated lab step instructions to reflect latest user interface changes
September 7th, 2021 - Updated lab step instructions to reflect latest user interface changes
March 11th, 2021 - Updated AWS Lambda lab step to reflect latest user interface changes
January 22nd, 2021 - Updated AWS Lambda lab step to reflect latest user interface changes
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.