The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
AWS Networking & Content Delivery
Advanced Networking – Specialty Certification Preparation for AWS
Ready for the real environment experience?
In this Lab, you will make strides in migrating an on-premises application into the AWS cloud. You will configure the networking between two VPCs, one for the frontend web tier and one for the backend API tier. As part of a real-world scenario, you will complete design requirements and debug network issues.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Connect VPCs using peering connections
- Use custom DNS names in your networks using Amazon Route 53 private hosted zones
- Diagnose and debug network issues using VPC flow logs
You should be familiar with the following:
- AWS networking concepts including VPCs, subnets, internet gateways, security groups, and route tables
- AWS compute concepts including EC2 instances, load balancers, Auto Scaling groups, and launch configurations
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.