Ready for the real environment experience?
Static analysis tools can perform a variety of checks to improve the quality of your code without needing to execute the code. Examples of checks performed by static analysis tools include the following:
- Consistent code style
- Identifying resource leaks
- Incorrect usage of APIs
- Security vulnerabilities
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of static code analysis
- Integrate static code analysis into an AWS CodePipeline continuous deployment pipeline
You should be familiar with:
- Basic continuous integration concepts
- Working at the command line in Linux
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.