Troubleshooting Amazon Athena Queries
Amazon Athena is a serverless analytics service that you can use to query your data at scale without the technical complexity of managing infrastructure. It is built on well-known and reliable open source frameworks such as Apache Hive, Trino, Presto, and Apache Spark.
Learning to troubleshoot queries using Amazon Athena will make you more effective at working with data analysis workloads in the public AWS cloud.
In this hands-on lab, you will use the Amazon Athena console to query data stored in Amazon S3 buckets.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Select an Amazon Athena workgroup
- Query log data stored in plain text
- Query log data stored in JSON
- Use a Create Table as Select statement
- Candidates for AWS Certified Data Engineer Associate certification
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Machine Learning Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.