Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS Fargate is a compute engine for Amazon ECS. It allows you to create and deploy containers with no need to think about the servers or clusters. In the Lab, you will use Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) to create a fully-managed Docker repository for your images. Amazon ECR is integrated with Amazon ECS, streamlining your development and deployment operations. You can use Amazon's other services such as Simple Storage Service (S3) and Identity and Access Management (IAM) to control and manage your entire container-based solution. In this Lab, you will build a Docker container image with Amazon CodeBuild, push the image to ECR, and perform a deployment operation using ECS with Fargate.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Use application source files to create Docker container images and place them in Amazon ECR
- Create an Amazon ECS cluster
- Use the Amazon ECR images to create ECS task definitions and services
- Implement the services in ECS by using AWS Fargate enjoying the advantages of serverless
- Register ECS tasks with an Application Load Balancer (ALB) target group
You should be familiar with:
- Basic understanding of AWS concepts including VPCs, S3 storage, and Load Balancing
- An understanding of Docker and container concepts is helpful, but not required.
About the Author
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Amazon Web Services is the provider he prefers and Node.js the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.