- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Groups enable you to adjust capacity to meet changes in resource demand over time. Auto Scaling groups can also help you ensure availability of your applications by ensuring a minimum number of instances are always running.
Learning how to use Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Groups with the AWS command-line interface will make you more effective at deploying and managing Amazon EC2 based applications in the AWS cloud.
In this hands-on lab, you will use the AWS CLI to create a new Auto Scaling Group, and you will explore the scaling options available.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Create a new Amazon EC2 Launch Template
- Create a new Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Group
- Observe your Auto Scaling Group using the AWS CLI
- Scale your Auto Scaling Group manually and on a schedule
- Candidates for AWS certification
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
- AWS Command-Line Interface
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.