- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
DC/OS includes the powerful container orchestration tool called Marathon. Marathon supports multiple container types including Mesos and Docker. Marathon can schedule containers while satisfying a variety of constraints, load balance, perform health checks, and even comes with an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
In this Lab, you will deploy two Marathon applications using Mesos containers. You will also learn how to use Marathon to schedule Mesos containers on DC/OS from the DC/OS command-line interface (CLI) and the Marathon graphical user interface (GUI).
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Write Marathon application definitions
- Deploy Marathon applications using Mesos containers using the DC/OS CLI
- Manage and monitor Marathon using the Marathon GUI
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- Basic Amazon S3 concepts
- AWS services knowledge is useful in order to understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
August 1st, 2021 - Resolved an issue preventing the DC/OS cluster from provisioning
October 2nd, 2020 - Replaced CoreOS virtual machines (no longer available in AWS) with CentOS
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.