The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
In this Lab, you will set up VPN connections with an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using dynamic routing as you make strides in migrating an on-premises application into the AWS cloud. You will configure the networking between your corporate network and an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). The database (db) is hosted on-premises and the application is hosted in the cloud. As part of a real-world scenario, you will complete a design by fulfilling requirements.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Connect on-premises networks to Amazon VPCs using Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) virtual private network (VPN) tunnels
- Configure internal Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) on on-premises routers
- Configure on-premises routers to connect to Amazon VPCs using BGP
- Understand the differences between static and dynamic routing
- Gain experience with multi-homed instances and understand some reasons for using them
You should be familiar with the following:
- AWS networking concepts including VPCs, subnets, internet gateways, security groups, route tables, and Elastic IP addresses
- AWS compute concepts including EC2 instances
- Static routes in networks
- Knowledge of routing protocols is beneficial, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
August 31st, 2020 - Updated screenshot to match the new EC2 user interface
July 30th, 2020 - Fixed an issue preventing students from completing the Lab, updated instruction and screenshot.
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.