This course focuses on the Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) service, allowing you to become familiar with its uses, helping to embed it into your architecture. Using a series of on-demand courses and hands-on labs you will begin learning the fundamentals of EBS, and then gradually become more exposed to the advanced features that it offers.
- Gain an understand what EBS is and its use cases
- Learn about the two different EBS volumes types available
- Understand how EBS can enhance the security of your data
- Learn how to create EBS volumes
- How to create an EBS Snapshot
- How to create an EBS Volume From a Snapshot
- How to attach an EBS Volume as a root device
- Gain a solid understanding of EBS Multi-Attach
- Learn how to allow multiple instances access to the same volume
- Understand the features and restrictions of the Multi-Attach service
- Understand the fundamentals of Amazon Data Lifecycle Manager
- Learn how to successfully set up and use Amazon Data Lifecycle Manager within your AWS account to manage new snapshots
- Understand the fundamentals of EBS recycle bin
- Learn how you can use it to help you manage your EBS snapshots and recover from the accidental deletion of your EBS snapshots
- Create AWS Lambda functions to take the EBS snapshots
- Invoke an AWS Lambda function on a schedule using Amazon EventBridge
- How to migrate EBS GP2 volumes to GP3
As a perquisite to taking this learning path, you may find it beneficial in having some familiarity with the fundamentals of AWS and some of its core services.
If you have any feedback on this learning path, positive or negative, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.