Ready to take your Amazon EKS skills to the next level?
This Learning Path is your one-stop guide to mastering EKS. Having hands-on experience with EKS is essential when it comes to running and managing your own EKS hosted applications. By taking this Leaning Path, you'll get both experience and exposure to EKS and the EKS way of doing things. In this Learning Path you'll learn how to:
- Deploy a publicly accessible cloud native web app (React, Go, MongoDB)
- Use AWS Security Groups to manage and control network traffic between Pods and other AWS services
- Leverage AWS IAM for establishing permissions based access from Pods to other AWS services such as S3
- Deploy and setup Istio and Kiali for service mesh traffic routing and monitoring
- Reconfigure an EKS cluster to utilize Cilium as it's CNI provider, and use Network Policies to secure Pod communications
- Deploy a WebGL 3D web app into an IPv6 Cluster
- Install the AWS Load Balancer Controller and Create an Ingress Resource (ALB) with path routing annotations to expose a web app
- Deploy and setup Observability using Prometheus and Grafana
This is a must do Learning Path for anyone wanting to become an EKS operations ninja.
- Deepen and broaden your EKS knowledge
- Learn about the integration options of EKS with other AWS services
- Understand how to deploy, manage, and monitor EKS hosted cloud native applications
- Anyone interested in learning about EKS
- EKS Administrators
- Software Engineers building cloud native applications
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of Containers
- Basic understanding of software development
- Basic understanding of the software development life cycle
This Learning Path provides 10+ hours of hands-on EKS lab based content.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).